Technical Sales Manager
42matters.com is a Swiss company operating in the mobile app space, looking for a Sales Manager with a strong technical background. We offer a full suite of products and services for App Market Data and Mobile Audience Data. Bringing a unique combination of technical and business skills together, we provide our customers with a thorough analysis of the latest developments on the app stores and user demographics that help them increase users’ engagement and efficiently target their online marketing efforts to the right audience in the mobile space. We are a truly international team, with an innovative and fast-paced company culture.
As Technical Sales Manager you handle both inbound and outbound sales from a commercial and technical perspective. With your tech knowledge you are not only able to find solutions to current customer pain points but you are also able to understand and explain key aspects when it comes to the technical integration of 42matters' services (e.g. API integration).
This position involves a passionate attitude towards finding new customers and stay in contact and learn from current ones. You will have the unique opportunity to help us with our go-to-market strategy addressing telecommunication, media and device manufacturer businesses as well as ad-networks, agencies or DMPs.
To thrive as a member of team 42matters, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment. We're not afraid to move fast and break things as we release, launch, iterate, update and announce; sometimes all in the same day. We're a closely-knit team, with regular team events and outings, and we often enjoy a couple of beers together at the end of the day.
Job type: full-time
Location: Zurich (preferred) or remote
Starting date: as soon as possible
- Full-cycle inbound and outbound sales (prospect, cold call, qualify, pitch and close deals) of 42matters' suite of products
- Handle all leads from a commercial and technical perspective
- Be able to understand and explain key aspects when it comes to the technical integration of 42matters' services (API).
- Lead generation activities
- Forecast, track and report outbound sales performance, help shape the development of 42matters monetisation strategy as we build and iterate different marketing strategies
- Attend conferences, trade fairs and meet with potential customers across Europe
- Demonstrable sales experience (three or more years), ideally in the mobile app / ad-tech industry and familiarity with popular digital advertising platforms
- Strong technical background (Bachelor/Masters in Computer Science or other relevant degree)
- Desire and passion for sales
- A genuine understanding of the mobile app space (Apple App Store, Google Play, Amazon App Store, etc.)
- Fluent English
- Strong negotiation skills
- Presentation and communication skills
- Flexibility to meet deadlines and travel as necessary
- Self-motivated, team player comfortable in a small, intense and high-growth start-up environment
- Familiarity with platforms like Slack, HubSpot, PipeDrive (or an ability to learn new technologies quickly) and marketing automation tools (e.g. Intercom, Reply.io, etc.)